With storm-force winds and heavy precipitation forecast for Thursday, 28th January,
we advise that you secure your property and take all necessary precautions.
We encourage all boat owners to check on their vessels.
Please note our online Marine Quote and Buy service is suspended at this time
Call us on 295 5566/Option 4 for assistance.
For customer service and all business inquiries, call +1 441 295 5566  ◦  For website support or to set up an online account, call +1 441 298 0301

The application process for a one-time Pension refund per the Covid-19 Pension Act Amendment is NOW OPEN.  Click here to apply

Back to FAQs

Will Commercial Insurance help me if I get sued?

Yes. There are two policy types that would respond: Public Liability and Professional Indemnity.

As you could be held responsible for accidental bodily injury to a third party or damage to their property arising out of your business activities, you may want to consider Public Liability insurance. You may face possible court awards if an action proves successful and may incur legal expenses, regardless of the outcome. Our Public Liability policy provides insurance against your legal exposure to the public in the event your business is held liable for court awards and/or costs. Cover can be extended to include any exposure your company may have arising out of the production of or distribution of any goods or products (e.g. meals, beverages, meats, groceries, skin care products).

Professional Indemnity insurance provides protection for your business or practice should a client or other party suffer financial loss as a result of your alleged negligent act, error, or omission in a professional capacity (e.g. lawyer, doctor, architect). This insurance covers the cost of your legal defense against allegations and any damages which may be payable.

More Commercial Plans FAQs

Didn't find what you were looking for?

Call a BF&M representative for more information.