If you wish to set up a new online account or have any questions about your existing online account, please call +1-441-298-0301

Back to FAQs

Do I need Contractors' All Risk insurance if I already have Property or Liability Coverage?

Standard coverage on Home and Commercial Property insurance policies does not extend to include contract work, renovations, extensions, demolition, and other work that is taking place on your premises.

As such, Contractors' All Risk insurance is necessary to cover the property under construction, as well as the original structure while it is in the contractor’s control. It can also provide Public Liability insurance cover specific to the job. So, if a member of the public is killed or injured, or their property is damaged as a result of your negligence, including that of your employees, the damages awarded against you by a court of law plus the legal costs of your defense will be covered up to the policy limit.

More Construction FAQs

Didn't find what you were looking for?

Call a BF&M representative for more information.