As Hurricane Teddy passes by Bermuda, the BF&M office is closed today, Monday, September 21.
Please note our online Quote and Buy service for Marine and Home Insurance is currently suspended. Please call 295 5566 option 4 for assistance.

The application process for a one-time Pension refund per the Covid-19 Pension Act Amendment is NOW OPEN.  Click here to apply

Back to FAQs

How do I protect my business in the event of a disaster (e.g. fire or hurricane)?

Property Damage and Business Interruption insurance is the best way to protect your livelihood against a natural disaster, such as a fire or a hurricane. These plans are designed to get your business up and running as quickly as possible following insured damage to your property. It may also enable you to keep staff ‘employed’ during a time when the business is unable to operate.

This insurance covers against losses caused by the following perils:
1. Fire, lightning, smoke, explosion and aircraft damage
2. Natural catastrophes (hurricane, cyclone, tornado, windstorm, and earthquake)
3. Malicious damage
4. Flood & inundation of the sea
5. Impact damage by road vehicle
6. Burst water pipes
8. Riot & strike
9. Rain & hail

More Commercial Plans FAQs

Didn't find what you were looking for?

Call a BF&M representative for more information.