For customer service and all business enquiries, call +1 441 295 5566  |  For website support or to set up an online account, call +1 441 298 0301
The application process for the one-time Pension Withdrawal of up to $6,000 per the COVID-19 Pension Act Amendment is open. Click here for details or to apply
For questions regarding the pension withdrawal, call +1 441 298 0358 or email

Back to FAQs

If I am overseas and become sick, what should I do?

If you (or someone you are traveling with) experience(s) symptoms of COVID-19, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend staying at home/in your hotel, avoiding public areas and public transportation.

In order to seek medical care, contact the nearest hospital and the healthcare provider will advise you on next steps.

In the event that you are advised to seek medical care from a medical professional or hospital, contact the 24/7 Overseas Nurse Case Management Team at +1 877 236 2338 (toll free), +1 519 251 5185 (collect), or via email at for assistance.


Need help?

For travel insurance related questions,
please call +1 441 295 5566 or email


More Health FAQs

Didn't find what you were looking for?

Call a BF&M representative for more information.